Sunday 15 March 2020

Loneliness Of The Long Absence Runner

Fast forward to now and everything in the roleplaying garden is rosy.

So what happened?

The Grognard Files happened
Virtual Grogmeet happened
Tony's monthly gaming sessions happened
UK Games Expo happened
Owlbear & Wizard's Staff happened
Neil Benson happened
Dragonmeet happened
Andy Simcock and Mike Biggs happened which made Fight Club happen
HandyCon happened

I can't remember how these stacked up in terms of a broad sequence of events, but they all contributed to being "reassimilated".

So many people have been so helpful or inspiring or mostly both. *Every game has been great.

The one thing sliver of disappointment is that I haven't been able to give back in the same way. My contribution over all this time consists of one session of The Cthulhu Hack, one session of DCC and three sessions playtesting a Delta Green module.
I prevaricate, fudge, hedge, shilly-shally, vacillate and dither.
The problem is that *Every game has been great, the bar is set too high, so my natural instinct is to hide, hide, hide behind petrified eyes.
I even ducked out of GrogTen and missed meeting some of my online gaming friends because of the fear of running

The weight of not running games is starting to weigh too heavily.
If I don't crack it this year then it'll crack me. A hobby that has given me so much joy will be consigned to the dustbin of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loneliness Of The Long Absence Runner

Fast forward to now and everything in the roleplaying garden is rosy. So what happened? The Grognard Files happened Virtual Grogmeet ha...